Monday, December 21, 2009

I am not a writer

It started off as a joke.

I always thought I was a pretty good cook when I was married, then I realized it was only because I made the same shit over and over again.

Starting a couple of years ago with the new boyfriend I thought I would try new recipes. My success rate was about 1 outta 3 that the new dish would be pretty good.

"Did you follow the recipe?"

"uh, yes"

"exactly???!"

"well..."

Last week my boss's wife suggested that I try to write, in order to ease my anxiety. I am NOT a writer. I have never written a story (unless required in school). I remember writing/typing on very small post-it size paper brief stories that would my mother would put in a scrapbook. (can 3 lines be considered a story?). I liked the sound the typewriter made "clack clack clack zingggggggggg!' and of course decorating with glitter and beads or whatever I could find.

For a week I thought about what I could write about. I am not creative enough to make up a story. Instantly I thought, "I can't do ANYTHING to completion!". Really, I live my life at a 33% success rate. Just like those stupid new recipes...

No comments:

Post a Comment