Monday, April 4, 2011

gym membership (144 lbs this morning)

Yes, I, or really, WE (the teenager and I), joined a gym yesterday. $35 a month. If I cut out my twice a week McD's frappe mochas and hashbrowns then the gym is paid for. What sold us on it? The price, the distance (5 mins from home) and umm Ryan, the cute black young personal trainer / ex-football player. I wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying about the gym equipment. Okay we're in! ha. We went back later that day and worked out for an hour. 30 minutes treadmill, 7 mins for me the cross country thing where I thought I was going to DIE and 20 minutes weights. I LOVE the weights. I could pass on the cardio but I know I need it. I need stamina and upper body strength. And I guess I need to lose a few pounds because Ryan said I could lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks (ohh um I need to LOSE weight? I thought I was just gonna build muscle, shit!) with exercise AND a better diet (how's your diet? "uhh it's okay" (as I had just consumed a mcdouble on the way over there)). Maybe I thought I carried it well, I'm 5' 7, but then again I've got the tire around my middle unless I stand up straight and suck it in. Teenager loves the cardio and could pass on the weights so at least we can motivate each other in our "weak" areas... she's was really good at it, "c'mon Mom, just lower your level by one and do another 2 minutes, you can do it! go mom!". too cute. I will kick her ass on the free weights though. ;) And really, I would like to look better in a bathing suit, and my tight running/volleyball tank tops I wear in the summer, etc. So our plan is Monday Tuesday Thurs Friday & Sunday. My worry is that if she makes the cheerleading squad she won't go with me anymore however maybe by then I'll have the "courage" to go by myself. Another Cindy at the gym helped us figure out how to program the cross country machine - she was very nice and could tell we were in trouble. Both the teenager and I are kind goofy so I'm sure we annoyed some of the other people. And when I was "dying" and saying under my breath, fuck me, fuck this, fuck this machine, I'm dying, fuck ME, one guy actually MOVED. The other Cindy, who is a GRANDMOTHER by the way, looked over and asked the teenager if I was okay, "oh yeah, she's fine". Saturday was 84 - we went fishing all day. GORGEOUS day. I caught 2 trout, b/f caught 6. WHY DOES HE ALWAYS CATCH MORE! Sunday was 40's and snowing. Typical Colorado for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment