Wednesday, November 10, 2010

first set

I finished the first set of ornaments - I molded miniature pieces of fruit/veggies from dough, let them dry, painted them, glazed them, wrapped them and held them together with copper wire and beads... and holy crap they look awesome! And they look realistic (pumpkins, pears and apples). I rock.

At first I thought my idea was gonna be a disaster but I was surprised. Heck, even the b/f was impressed. They are artsy and funky. I think the bigger ones I may add some wired ribbon so they won't just be "ornaments" for a tree, you could hang them anymore. I will have to take pics and get them posted.

I am still in shock from the range rover being repo'd. I went to bed at 8 pm last night. I guess my body did a complete switch and decided it needed to knock itself out when stressed. Tonight we are picking up a free POS van from the b/f's buddy - it was their "painting van" and it's trashed, but hey, at least the b/f can use it to get to work (housepainting jobs). They call it "the pickle" because it's an ugly green as I said, a piece of shit. But it's free. It needs a new windshield but I'm hoping I can get a good deal from one of our glass shops sales reps... *crossing fingers*.

We had our first light snow last night. I am not ready for winter! It's supposed to be 35 tomorrow.

Alright, back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the pics of your ornaments! They sound very cool!

    ReplyDelete